Norah's Blog

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Oh no...november!

Hey y'all how's it going? Well for me I am so surprised that it is already november...I don't know if anyone else is. This time has gone by so fast that I am trying to stay calm as school is coming to a close and swimming is taking off. Last weekend we had 2 swim meets. On Friday we had our Alumni Swim Meet where our alumni's come back to race us...unfortuantely mostly guys show up and very few girls, but it was still an amzing meet. Oh did I mention Mike Mintenko is an alumni? YEAH!! Oh I was excited and I mostly just drooled the entire time. He is my hero. Plus Andrew Livingston was here..he's an american all-star swimmer. Ah good meet...although I never got to swim in in...yeah I was injured last week so Jim didn't want to take the chance. Plus there were no female alumni to race. Then on sunday we had a dual meet against Arizona State. They aren't in our conference but they race us for the experience. But good story behind it. Last year they came to race us and we got our asses handed to us. They demolished us with little effort and so this year we were told the same was going to happen. Well long story short, it didn't. Our men beat ASU 120-121!! Our girls, even though we lost, did not just roll over and ket them give it to us. Oh no..we scared them and we only lost by I think 20 points...which isn't a lot. They were very scared and now we are super pumped because they are a NCAA ranked team and we are not. That means that we have a very strong team this year and we are looking good! Great meet and great weekend.
So now we are in november, this weekend I hope I am going to Texas for a dual meet with TSU. Teams haven't been announced but I am crossing my fingers. The budget is limited and we would like to take 20 but only have money for 16 so...I'm a little nervous. Okay well I am going to get some homework done because this week is going to fly by and I need to use the small amount of time I have for homework. Loves ya all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home