Norah's Blog

Saturday, September 03, 2005

First Week Of School

Well here is my review of my first week of school here in the States. Monday went well and all my classes were just a review of what the classes are going to be; same as Tuesday. But Wednesday and Thursday were when classes really began. I can't believe how much homework I have, but considering I have to take 6 classes I guess I shouldn't be surprised. My courses aren't too bad except that they are all a long ways away and I have to walk so far in the hot weather! But we'll see how that all turns out. Now with swimming and all the politics thats another adventure. On monday we started off the week with a Captains workout where we played a game of frisbee in 109 degree weather...for all you canadians thats 42! Man were we sweating. Then tuesday we had our medical and physicals which was kinda a pain int he ass but we have to get cleared to train so we had no choice. Wednesday we had our NCAA orientation and signed a million papers and then we had a Premier where we had to be introduced to the school and run on a stage...fun fun. Thursday was Christmas and we got our tons of equiptment and gear, and I'm talking a ton of free stuff! Then Friday was our first dryland practice and we got a small taste of what to expect. I kinda felt like I was in a military camp...counting out loud, running, pushups and chanting. It was hard core..but that was just a taste. Anyways I am now having a long 4 day weekend and hopefully catching up on my homework. I hope everyone is doing well. Email me or leave a comment on how y'all are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home