Norah's Blog

Monday, September 19, 2005

"Oh...I don't know him"

Okay well before I explain my title I will do a quick update on myself. I am definately deep into school and it's going good so far. I am always busy and I for sure have better studying skills here than I did in Canada. Swimming is going good as well. I am still always sore somewhere but I am dealing. But I really wanted to write an entry today because walking back from classes I saw this girl wearing a Roots Canada backpack and these guys yelled out "Canadian Eh?" She of course looked around but I felt such a huge need to yell out "Yeah she is and so am I!" I wish I had something on that declared I was Canadian and hella proud! But today just seems to be a reminder-that-I'm-Canadian Day. T
his morning was the funniest though by far! After morning practice (around 7:30) I came on deck and saw that there were Banana Nut Muffins and I was so excited because when I went to Tim Hortons I ALWAYS got a banana nut muffin. So then I had to go back to Paul's (assistant coach) office and while we were walking I was reminicing about Timmy's and I said to him
"Ah I miss Tim Horton's so much!"
and then Paul says to me,
"Oh...I don't know him"
I think that was the funniest thing I've heard since I've been here so I starting to laugh and laugh...then I realize that they don't know what Tim Horton's is here. I felt kinda bad...but C'MON! Thats really funny! So Mommy is sending down a care package that I requested a bunch of Canadian stuff. For instance I wanted some Timmy Ho's coffee to help my addiction, smarties (theirs here are like rocket candies...so not even close!), caramilk, coffee crunch, crispy crunch, OH! and chips! They do not have ketchup or dill pickle flavours! I can MAYBE understand ketchup...but dill pickle?? Yeah unacceptable! Then there are just other little things that I want from home. Okay well I have work to do...so I'll talk to you guys later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home