Norah's Blog

Friday, August 05, 2005

Listen to this!

Well so far my vacation out here has been an adventure. Good times and bad...already. The good out weigh the bad though. My family and I went crabbing the other morning and we got up at 3AM!! It was so rough. But we got up...I had my 3 cups of coffee and we headed out. We drove all the way up to North Beach and we got ourselves the limit in 15 minutes! That has never been done for us! It was awesome. They were everywhere. Then we decided that since we did so well we would go the next morning as well. So my parents asked this time if some friends wanted to come. Oh! I forgot to mention...that this couple (according to my parents) are going to be my inlaws. My parents figure that I should meet a nice young man...and they like this son of theirs. Oh did I mention he's 31. Yeah a little old for me. Anyways, we went out again and we got a nice haul. 24 crabs! You are allowed 6 each with a license. So we had a great time. We have had crab 2 nights in a row and I am not getting sick of it. Okay, so back to the arranged marriage...My parents think they are being funny by just mentioning this guy. I have never met him (and don't really want to). I'm sure he's nice...but he's 31! Oh well...my parents just blame it on wanting the best for me.
So to brag about more adventures I am about to have. We have set up with a lady to borrow her kayacks and go out on the ocean to these wonderful springs. You can get some great whale watching is as well. I really hope to see some. Then also my Dad has a friend with a charter boat and he's going to take us fishing! If you know me...I love to fish. I have been raised as a great fisher. I am so excited. I will tell you about that when I get back.
I have also been doing a little swimming. In the ocean and in the little pool in Masset. Yes there is a pool, but let me tell you its not a great one! It's a 18 meter 3 lane pool. It's so dingy and gross I can only last about an hour before I feel dirty. I don't get much of a workout...but fighting agaist my own waves tires me a bit. The blocks are very scary that I only dive off of one that I have approved as safe and they have very limited swimming supplies. Oh well...I just have to deal. Okay well I am off to go relax and watch a movie perhaps. Night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home