Norah's Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2005

A Real vacation

Okay well here I am on the Queen Charlotte Islands. If you're wondering where that it...it's just off the coast of Prince Rupert, B.C. We have a cabin out here that my Dad has turned into a B&B and I haven't been out here for such a long time..probably a little over 5 years. S I am amazed at what he has done to this place. To kick off the vacation my Mom, Dad and I went down to the Tlell Fall Fair. This is an annual festival that happens and it acually pretty good. They always have singer come and perform and there is great food, crafts and a little crafty exhibit that you can enter things you have cooked, created, grown or own and then they are judged. Quite nice and very little town style. Oh did I mention that this entire island's population is 5000...thats right. If you look at this island on a map it is considerbly larger than Vancouver Island. Anyways, here the life style is very isolated and untouched from modern world. Weed flows freely, hitchhiking is a common form of transportation and its common to not own a razor. There is no movie theaters or very many ATMs, but lots of shops and a never ending amount of fihing and crabbing. It's a very nice place but in need of a younger crowd that aren't hippies...not that I have a problem with them. Anyways, I feel good about finally settling down after a very hectic few weeks of travelling and now I am preparing for Las Vegas. I am hopefully going to make a huge stop in GP for maybe 2 days! I must see everyone and then I am driving down to Nevada with my parents...I know it sounds cazy but it'll be alright...I have faith. Talk to you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home