Norah's Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Great May Long

Well I am back now again from GP/Fort St John. The weekend was really nice. I drove down to Calgary Thursday afternoon. When I got there I visited some of my dad's side of the family. I haven't seen them since I was 14 so it was a good visit and a lot of catching up to do. The next morning (really early) I dropped my car off at my Unlces and I was driven to the airport and I caught my plane at around 9 am. I flew to Edmonton where I waited for 3 hours! I found a nice quiet spot where I watch Live and The View. Both shows were very good. I finally caught the final ride to GP to be greeted by Frank and Julia. Awesome welcome home. I then spent supper with Mama and then I was whisked away by Frank and a crowd of my friends to Fort St John where we spent the next 3 days hanging out and experiencing the South African culture. Wow did we eat a lot! I mean wow! The friday night we got there we BBQed and then went to bed. The next morning we had breakfast then we went out on the Lake in Kayaks and Canoes and Jerico and Marc tooka rubber dingy out with the cooler. But the dingy had so many leaks that it was patched up with duct tape everywhere so when they got out to the middle of the lake they had to go back before they sank. They then returned to us in a canoe and we just drifted out there and drank and suntanned until the sun went away and we went in. We then went to have a fire and we got rained out so we went in our tent trailor and waited it out...we then attempted it again but it didn't work so we went in to watch TV. Then supper began to start and this was going to be our first South African supper. Oh and we made a town run for Taco Bell too...funny stuff. Anyways we all went to the fire (it stopped raining) and we sat around and BSed and drank and just talkd for the longest time. Then this wonderful supper was served and then we were all tired and we went in to bed. The next morning we got up and made another great breakfast and then we went to go sailing in their boat. We set up the boat and then Julia, Katie, Marcia, and Marc had to leave. So it was just Jerico, Frank and myself for the afternoon. We had another great South African supper with even greater food than the night before (if thats possible) and then we watched Star Wars episode 1. Pretty good movie. Then we went to bed. The next morning the boy went golfing super early and I stayed in bed. Then they came back and we had a champagne breakfast which was amazing! We then went and almost finished Star War episode 2 but then they had another tee time at 2:30. My first time ever doing a round of golf. We only did 9 holes but I think it's n ot the game for me. Not much happens and you need a lot of patience. Plus the whole Aunt Norah golfing stigma didn't happen so its was okay. We then went back packed up and left for home finally. When I got home Mama was there and we chatted for a bit but then one of my really goof friends showed up and I was so glad to see him. Let's just say I'm so proud of him and he is doing great! Then I went home and spoke to my old coach Janusz ans set up a training camp kinda thing with him...I am staying there with him in vancouver for a month! right after Mel Zajac until Club Nats. I'm really excited. I find I can't stay still for very long lately so I need to keep moving and doing things. Okay well then Mommy and I went for a run togther this morning and now I'm home. I need to swim and workout and apply other places tomorrow....quite excited! Training...hard training starts now! What fun this will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home