Norah's Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Road Trip Day!

Today was an amazing day. The girls and I decided last minute that we were going to Waterton. Where is Waterton? Well I will tell you. It's an hour and fifteen minutes south of the Bridge. It's only 20 minutes away from the US border. It's right in the middle of the mountains and sits at their feet with a lake on its shores. The girls I went with are Tail, Caleigh, and Shannon. We were so excited and we sang the whole way there. We stopped in cardston...a very Morman town, where we got lost....how? Well if you've never been there...it's HUGE! If you have been there you will know I'm lying. We just got turned around and went a wrong way and cruised through the main street pumping tunes...quite funny considering there stared at us like we were going to hell. Once we got going the right way, we finally got to Waterton and it literally took our breath away when we saw the mountans and lake. We stopped to take pictures of the mountains, lake and Chateau placed on top of a hill. We skipped rocks for awhile, saw a gazillion deer acording to Tai, and Caleigh dove in the glacier water...thats right, glacier. It was awesome. We then decided to eat our lunches. We drove up to the chateau but it was way too windy, so we went down below where the gigantic hill blocked the wind. We say by the water and enjoyed our lunches with the company of more deer. We then stripped down to our suits and suntanned and chatted away the afternoon. We lay there for a little too long though anf got kinda burnt. I burnt my back and butt, Caleigh and Tai burnt their legs, face, arms, and other random parts...Shannon covered up enough to not get burnt. Smart girl. We then went into town where we saw a mountain goat. Funniest animal ever!! It almost stuck its head into my car! I almost could touch it! We then headed home with amazing memories and sun burnt. When we got home is was around 5 and Caleigh and I went for a walk and then went to see Tai where we asked her to come play volleyball. We then got together with Tai and Marcy and we peppered for a bit and then I had to go home. My roomate Jeff is heading out to Vancouver and then he's off to Malyasia!! He's scored an amazing job/deal and he's going to be there for 8 weeks! Lucky boy! I wish him the best of luck and hope he has fun. I can't think of anyone who deserves this more! Enjoy yourself!!
Okay so I'm out and I am going to go tend to my burns. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home