Norah's Blog

Friday, April 22, 2005

What an amazing day!!

Well last night, after I was still buzzing from the amazing day I had, one of my friends saw me on MSN and started to chat with me. I told him we went to Waterton and told him about the trip. He got so excited because he is a huge outdoors guy...by the way his name is Andrew Switzer but we just call him Switz. So he suggested that we go again today. I was totally up for it, so we arranged our plans and said goodnight. The next morning I woke up and went to practice...I was the only one who showed up! But still mamaged to have a good workout. When I got home, I called Caleigh, because she wanted to be in on the trip too. So I got ready and headed over to Caleigh's where Switz picked us up and we started on our way. The day was just as nice as yesterday. This time I put on my sunscreen and made sure I had clothing that covered up my burns from yesterday.
When we got to Waterton we first went to go see a waterfall that Switz said we missed. We pulled up to the waterfall and immediately got out to see the falls. We then jumped the fence and went down to the water...not to mention GLACIER water. It seemed smart at the time...but when we stuck our feet in there it was dumb. It was so cold that your toes go numb immediately! We jumped on the rocks as much as possible to get as close to the falls as possible. We took the greatest pictures ever!
We then went into town and got some food and bathroom break then went down to the Lake beach to have lunch and suntan. I fell asleep because I had swam that morning and I had the best sleep ever!
When we woke up we decided to go for our hike up to the Bear's Hump. This is a moderatly difficult climb according to the Visitor Guide. Switz assured us that it wasn't that bad and it was only a 20 minute hike. Yeah well what he forgot to mention was it was the steepest hike ever! It only took us a record time of 18 minutes about, but we were so out of breath and sweating when we got to the top! But I am telling you guys it was well worth it! The view from up there overlooks the entire town, lake and prairies. Their slogan for the town is "Where the prairies meet the mountains" and this view shows that. I haven't recieved the pictures%2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home