Norah's Blog

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Off Again!!

Well to add to my exciting road trip news...I went on another one! Yesterday my friend Thomas and I went on a trip on his motor bike to BC. He enevr told em where we were going so that added to the excitement. We left around 2 pm and we got all set up and took off. I had only been on his bike once before so I was really excited. He has a really nice silver Yamaha, don't ask me to name you the exact model though. We headed west first out to Fort Macleod where we stopped for a quick stretch and kept going where we then went out past Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump, then past Pincher Creek, then past Franks Slide which was amazing. Thomas told me that the mountain used to be Turtle Mountain because it looked like a mountain and they mined in there and then it gave out and collapsed and covered a town. Now there is debris everywhere! The rocks are so huge! From there we went through Sparwood, and then onto Fernie where we drove to an ice cream store but it was closed. But instead Thomas took me up to the Chalet's on the ski resort...and WOW!! Those houses are all so huge and nice. He told me that they are like 3 million dollars! I ould believe it too looking at them! After we went back into town and stopped for a coffee...Thomas had a hot chocolate. We then started home. That trip took about 3 hours out. When we were heading out too we saw Elk on the side of the road. They were so cool. Oh and for Dad, I got home sick for the Charlottes when we entered the mountains. I could smell the change in the sir when we entered them and I got a home sick feeling in my stomach so I really want to go out there again! I can't even describe being on the bike. You get to feel the sir and just experience everything different. The wind is so loud so you just have your thoughts when your riding. I loved the entire experience of that!
On our way home we went by the same towns again but this time I had my head the other way so I got to see everything I missed on the way there. In Sparwood I also got to see the World's Largest Truck and let me tell you...IT'S HUGE!! Its a big green dump truck but its bigger than a house! Then as we drove home, Thomas said we had one last stop to make. We drove through this really small town, one of the many, but Ican't remember the name...maybe Thomas can help me out. Anyways he brought me to a big Waterfall. We were going to go swimming but the sky had clouded over so it was a little too chilly. But instead we walked down to the falls where we whipped out a picnic and we sat on a rock right by the water and wnjoyed snadwiches, cupcakes and juice. It was awesome!! He told me that you can go inbehind the falls if you are brave enough so another day we are going to go back to do that. We sat there for a good half an hour talking and eating then we packed up and started out on our last stretch home. As we were coming out of Fort Macleod the sun was setting and it filled the sky with reds, purples, yelloes and oranges and it was so beautiful...it was behind us and just ahead of us was a huge moon. But what was the greatest was it was cloudy out so behind us was this great sunste and ahead of us is this mysterious moon in the same sky. It was great.
When we arrived into town we decided to drop his bike off and go out for a few drinks. We went to the Duke and while I was there my friends phoned me up and invited me out to Essies because this was going to be the last time we were all out before everyone goes home. So Thomas and I finished up our pitcher and went to Essies where I had a great time! Tai humped my leg one last time and I danced like crazy with my friends. I even got Thomas on the dance floor not once but TWICE! I was quite excited. My one friend Aaron danced with me and we ruled the dance floor! We were spinning and doing all sorts of crazy moves! We did some crazy swing dance moves where I hold the back of his neck and swing my legs from right side to left side then straddle him then he pushes me up in the air and I kick my legs out! I kicked the roof I was so high! Then the coolest move we did was the flip...the first time I kicked someone in the face but the second time was awesome. He wraps his arms around me and I grab his forarm and he flips we around...like off the ground and around! It was amazing...quite the perfect way to end my night! I was so extremely tired and hot! I had swam that morning...and quite a hard practice too...over 2400m breaststroke alone. I also won breakfast! Rochard told me that if I could go the whole 50 m underwater kick then he would buy me breakfast! We were swimming long course and we were doing hypoxic kick with fins. He totally convinced me and pumped me up and I went and made it!! I was so excited! I had never done anything like that!
To say the least my days from Thursday got increasingly better! I enjoyed myself so much that it was quite overwhelming. I'm going to miss my friends so much and I hope they all have great summers and keep in touch with me! I look forward to visits or at least hearing about their great memories from the summer in the fall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home