Norah's Blog

Monday, May 09, 2005

World Trials Tomorrow

Okay so I arrived here in Montreal yesterday. I met up with the guys at the airport. We then went back to the hotel and unpacked then went to supper. Wow ordering has never been so hard for me. I needed help on everything. Luckily Cori and I are the only ones who don't speak or understand french so we had lots of help. I went back and met my roomate. I'm rooming with a girl from UCSC.

The next morning we were off for practice and wow the pool is nice. When I walked in I was so shocked. There was Rick Say, Mike Mintenko, and so many faces that I recognized that I was a little thrown. I didn't feel the greatest in the pool but it was my first swim there so I didn't think much of it. We then got changed and went for lunch at some huge Mall. I want to go there on sunday for some shopping or some day if I don't make finals.

I the went shopping with Mr. and Mrs. Lapins while the boys went back to the hotel. We got a little lost but eventually made it. We got back and I got a phone call from Cori and Taylor...and I'll tell only a select few what happened then, but you'll have to ask me.
We then headed out to the pool again for our second workout. This time the pool was getting set up for tomorrow and the big screens were up and they were putting up the surrounding boards. The hype has begun! This meet is going to be huge! I got videotaped while I was swimming to be put up on the big screen. I know the guy and he made me wave. They make a collage of clips and then put music to it during warm-ups. They did it at Trials too....I remember that very clearly and I always wanted to be up there. Tomorrow I am. Oh and we had a special gues drop by the pool...Michael Phelps. I saw him and I didn't think it was him but I knew I recognized him. From what we can guess he's here to check out Montreal for the actual World Trials. We are hoping he might swim an event...just for show.

I am now sitting in the boys room. They are shaving down...and let me tell you ladies...you would be jelous. I just don't count I guess because they freely walk around 95% naked. I guess I just see them like that too much for them to be censored around me. Lol. Anways I'll write a daily progress report so you guys can keep track of whats going on. Plus you can keep track of me on the swim canada website too...results will be posted there. Okay I'm out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home