Norah's Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Last days with company....

Well now the fact that the school year is almost over is now hitting me as all my friends are making plans to get home. All my friends houses and rooms are scattered with their belongings and boxes cover the floor. I am now starting to get lonely and am worrying about what I am going to do once they have all left me. I have been trying to make time between swimming and studying to say my goodbyes. Sunday I studyed most of the day, then Richard, Rachel (his girlfriend) and Mark (Richard's best friend) came home and we had supper together which Richard cooked. Delicious! I then had to go drop off something at my friend Byron's house. I ened up staying and studying for EVER! I needed to though since my exam was the next day.
I swam the next morning...a little late for practice, but I made it. Let me tell you I couldn't move. I wasn't making 100's free on 1:20...my swim friends will understand that. Andy just shook his head at me and gave me a revised version. It was so bad. I then went to Caleigh's and crashed there until my exam. When it was time we walked to the school because it was such a beautiful day out! The exam went pretty good. I got slammed on one section but the rest went okay. After my exam which ended around 3 I got a messege from Richard telling me about blah blah blah free dinner. I'M IN!! Actually it was an athletic dinner to discuss the future of athletics at the UofL and they invited all sorts of people related to sports at the UofL to attend and get feedback. Well I thought maybe this would be the perfect time for me to voice my opinion about how pissed I am at the school's decison to cut the swim teams funding. But that never happened and we just discused the new facility going in...which is super nice! After the long dinner and discusions I checked my phone and had 4 missed calls! Wow I'm popular. It was Byron asking if I wanted to go bowling. So Him, Rory, Caleigh and I went bowling. I never knew that so many young people my age went bowling. I don't think there was one person there over the age of 25. I had a pretty crappy first game but my second game was alright. The boys kicked our asses but Caleigh and I still had a lot of fun.
After bowling we went to drop off the guys, and their roomates were on the lawn a little intoxicated, throwing rocks into a bucket. They had pulled their all-terrain couch out from the backyard and out it on their front lawn and we just sitting playing this game. We took Cory and dave for a quick ride around the block to entertain them....when actually they entertained us more. We went back to their place and went inside to watch Starsky and Hutch and then after that basically went to bed.
Now I am off to a goodbye lunch..sniff sniff...with Caleigh and Tai. I think that this next week is going to be really hard for me so see all my friends leave. I still might go to GP on the weekend but that's still an if. Okay check y'all later.

1 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jeff Milner said...

Sounds like you are having a lot of fun while I'm gone! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home