Norah's Blog

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas 2006

So I am sitting in my living room next to my tree while my mama and Dad are cooking supper in the kitchen. My sister is once again absent this Christmas because her and Kenton (her husband) went to Vancouver for his family reunion/anniversary for his Grandparents. We phoned them this morning to wish them a Merry Christmas. We then headed over to my Auntie Marg's and Uncle Don's where we eat Christmas breakfast. Everyone was there too, auntie Trish and Cal along with Little Cal and his girlfriend, Mama my Dad and Auntie Barb, Uncle Bill Auntie Janice ant the three kids, and even my Auntie Susan flew down for a surprise visit! Tonight we are all gathering here for supper and games. I bought "Scene it?" for my parents which we will break out and of course we are going to play Charades and make asses of ourselves. I have been happy to be home even though nothing ever goes right all the time. Families make you crazy but I would never trade them for anyone else. Many Christmas' are never perfect, the black sheep family member who we handle with kiddie gloves, the burnt food we pretend to enjoy on behalf of the chef, and the fights we ignore because we don't want to wreck anyone else's mood. They are never good situations but where else would you want to be? So enjoy your days if you're home for a short time and appreciate the craziness that goes along with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home